WillScot's COVID-19 Business Preparedness
At WILLSCOT, the health and well-being of our customers, employees, vendors, subcontractors and communities is our top priority. The coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a period of concern and uncertainty. We are committed to being responsive to your needs as the situation evolves and are especially honored to support our essential services customers.
Following are the steps we are taking to protect our customers and our North American team as we work through this unprecedented situation:On a daily basis, WILLSCOT has several internal teams studying and implementing best practices on a daily basis. We continue to utilize reputable sources for information including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We have used these reputable sources to aid communication with our employees about preventative measures, risk assessment and self-education about COVID-19. We will continue to provide our employees with regular communications as the situation changes.
WILLSCOT follows all applicable federal, state and local guidelines issued with regard to COVID-19.
We have eliminated all non-essential travel and are utilizing conference calling and video features. In addition, we have eliminated all large gatherings.
We have begun work-from-home arrangements for some employees and are undertaking systems testing to ensure additional arrangements are successful and that our customer needs will be met seamlessly.
Specifically, to comply with CDC guidelines and ensure the wellbeing of those who work with us, we have implemented the following steps and ask you to do the same:
- Remind your employees to practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Practice social distancing maintaining physical distances of 3-6 feet, separating workgroups and staggering work and break schedules.
- Disinfect on a daily basis any high contact surfaces in any Equipment supplied by WILLSCOT using disinfectants and cleaners recommended by the CDC.
- Direct employees to stay home if they:
- Have traveled to an area of widespread transmission as defined by the CDC, or had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 and displaying symptoms as identified by the CDC; or
- Have a sick family member with COVID 19 in their home; or
- Are under quarantine by their doctor or recognized heath authority for potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Immediately notify WILLSCOT if any of your employees have been directed to stay home as a result of one or more of the above items.
With regard to WILLSCOT visits to our customers’ locations, please make us aware ahead of time if you have specific guidelines for attendance. We will strive to meet all such requests.
We have contingency plans in place so that we will be equipped to provide you with uninterrupted service in the event that any single location needs to close. Our large North American footprint will be an asset in this situation, as we are accustomed to pulling in resources from other locations when necessary.
We are prepared to be as agile as possible to ensure we maintain the responsiveness and excellent level of customer service we are known for, while simultaneously protecting the health and safety of our employees.
During periods of uncertainty such as this one, questions sometimes outweigh answers, and we know that can make business operations stressful. We will continue to monitor affected areas and provide guidance and updates throughout the process. Going forward, please use our website to read about changes, updates and developments.
Thank you for your business and your patience.