Modular Construction Services
LET'S HELP YOU GET READY TO WORK.
Or call:REQUEST A QUOTE
MODULAR BUILDING CONSTRUCTION SERVICES BY WILLSCOT
For more than 50 years, we've been the leader in modular construction, transforming the industry and changing the way buildings are constructed.
Our team of construction professionals create functional modular buildings that support the needs of our customers. We serve as your general contractor, offering an alternative to traditional construction methods and provide complete support on each project from concept to completion. Our team handles all the details, starting with the initial needs assessment and design development through permitting, site development and final delivery, so that you can get past building logistics and focus on the job at hand.
WHY MODULAR CONSTRUCTION?
Modular construction incorporates technical innovation into an automated process that uses proven, standardized practices and process efficiencies. It allows production tasks to occur simultaneously rather than sequentially, reducing the overall time to occupancy.
Benefits of choosing modular:
Speed – Construction speed is typically regarded as the principal advantage of modular construction. Simultaneously preparing the project site and constructing the building’s modules off-site in a factory yields a 30 to 50 percent time savings over conventional construction methods.
Quality – Utilizing factory-based construction for 50 to 70 percent of the total building needs results in higher construction and project quality for several reasons:
- Reduced waste: A quality labor force and the inherent Quality Control (QC)/Quality Assurance (QA) of a factory environment means less material waste versus conventional construction
Working conditions: A well-lit indoor space with a constant and comfortable temperature and protection from the elements provides a productive work environment for construction crews
- Consistency: Reporting to a fixed location with no extraordinary commute to a job site leads to a more consistent schedule, allowing workers to function more effectively
Quality control: An integrated team of tradesmen who work together on numerous projects over a period of years lead to tighter tolerances, greater cooperation, and faster resolution of any sub-system interferences
- On-site assembly: The stacking and connection of modules and sub-systems are constructed to more rigorous factory tolerances, making the last 5 to 15 percent of the work much more precise
- Materials: The same architect-specified materials used in conventionally constructed buildings are used in concurrent construction projects
Code requirements: The structural integrity of modules is built to withstand transportation from the factory to the site and meet or exceed the same building codes and standards as site-built structures
Flexibility – Our modular buildings can be seamlessly reconfigured, relocated and removed as your needs change. With conventional construction, this flexibility isn’t an option. You benefit from endless design options constructed to blend in with your existing buildings. All interior and exterior materials can be customized to your needs.
Sustainability – Due to the component-based factory-construction process used during manufacturing, modular units are inherently “greener” than a similar site-built structure and allow for:
- Less time in calendar days spent on-site by construction crews
- Reduced noise, dust, staging, traffic, deliveries, work site risk and potential injury
- No impact from inclement weather such as rain, snow, cold, heat and winds
- Fewer workers to manage onsite, resulting in reduced parking needs
- Reduced material waste
The end result: A high quality, custom solution in less time than a conventional site-built project.
CONCURRENT CONSTRUCTION™ PROCESS
Our Concurrent Construction™ process is an accelerated construction method that allows you to occupy your building faster, saving time and money. Unlike the linear process used with conventional construction, Concurrent Construction enables construction stages to occur simultaneously rather than in sequence. As a result, site work and off-site construction of the building happen at the same time, which cuts the construction timeline in half.
More than 50 percent of the Concurrent Construction process occurs off-site in a factory-controlled environment, reducing risks and controlling quality. Site work (preparation, foundations and utilities) happens while the building’s modules are being fabricated in the factory. Individual modules are then shipped to the site for final installation.
Concurrent Construction vs. Traditional Construction
- Concurrent ConstructionTM enables occupancy UP to 50% faster than conventional construction, since the construction stages occur simultaneously.
- Controlled manufacturing processes and superior workmanship result in superior quality.
- Decreased on-site construction reduces overall disruption to your business.
- Temporary or permanent applications.
- Same construction materials and building code compliance
- Design and pricing teams work closely reducing the propensity for change orders.
- Linear construction requires each stage of the construction process to be complete prior to proceeding.
- Potential for inconsistent quality due to weather delays and variances in workmanship.
- On-going construction activities for the extended life of a site built project.
- Permanent applications.
- Same construction materials and building code compliance.
- Separate architects handling pricing and design creates a potential for multiple change orders.