How to Avoid Cleaning and Damage Charges
As a general rule of thumb, plan to return the building in the same condition in which it was delivered. This will minimize any additional charges at the end of your lease. Here a few things you can do to keep the building in good condition.
- Make sure the foundation is a firm, flat surface that drains well. You are responsible for the cost of releveling and/or other adjustments to the building, steps and ramps that may be needed due to settling of the foundation.
- Place chair mats under rolling chairs to eliminate excessive wear to the floor.
- Use removable tape for mounting items on the walls as opposed to tacks or nails.
- Before making any repairs, you must receive authorization in order to be reimbursed for work that you do to the building. Modifications also require prior WillScot approval.
- Relocation of the building must be preapproved by WillScot.
- Keep the gutters free of debris.
- Maintain the integrity of the exterior of the building.
- All service calls must be placed within 2 business days of any issue to ensure warranty coverage.